Fit Mum's Homemade Muesli ...

Finally the warmer weather seems to be going to hang around! Hands up if you are as excited as I am!

Possibly the one thing I am most excited about is the warm mornings ... enough of frozen fingers while I am trying to get my oats ready to warm my belly.  On the downside ... it could be getting a little warm for cooked oats.

So, here steps in my other favourite breakfast recipe .. Homemade Muesli!  Yes, I make it myself.  Mostly because I can't find a muesli that I like enough to keep around.

I have my age old recipe here ... but I've changed around a few ingredients, mostly because it's what I have in the pantry at the moment! 

Here's the latest version ...

Fit Mum's Homemade Muesli


3 cups rolled oats
2 tablespoons coconut flakes
2 tablespoons dried cranberries
2 tablespoons almonds, crushed a bit
2 tablespoons walnuts, crushed a bit
2 tablespoons chia seeds
2 tablespoons pepitas


Combine it all really well and store in an air tight container. 
Serve it up how you love your muesli ... low fat milk, a spoonful of yoghurt, berries ... it's all up to you.

I've even given this one a go as an overnight oats option when short on time in the mornings.  Provided you don't mind everything all mooshed together then eat it and run!

Why not try it over the weekend?

Vicki x

0 comments: