Monday Motivation ... Taking time for YOU!

When was the last time that you stopped, sat down and did not even think?  I will admit that it is not something that I do regularly .. but I should.  We all should. 

Now, I will freely admit that I am not the busiest person that I know but there always seems to be something to do.  In fact I admire some of the people that are busier than me because they seem to fit in a whole lot more than I do in one day!  When do they switch off?  You know, stop thinking about everything.  My mind in constantly thinking, making lists, making lists for lists.  I truly believe that we need time to stop thinking, to stop and not do anything except be alone with yourself.

By this I don't mean the workout that you do by yourself, or sitting in front of the TV or reading.  I run by myself and I workout alone but lately I haven't been taking time for me .. no thinking allowed.  Is this you too?

Is there something that you could do this week to spend some quality time with yourself?  Meditation, yoga, your own stretching routine?  Something that will allow your mind and body to relax and slow down.

I always mean to practice more yoga and meditate each week but here's my excuse ... I always find something that is "more important" to do.  Really, what is more important than my time with myself?


This week I'm going to try to practice yoga / meditate each day.  Even if it's 15 minutes of yoga and 5 minutes of meditation, I'm going to make the effort this week to stop and allow my mind and body to relax.  I know one week is not long enough to develop into a habit.  It just might be long enough to remind me how much I really enjoy it.  The family just might appreciate it too!

You challenge for this week, should you choose to accept it, is to join me with your own form of yoga / meditation / stretching ... even if it's 5 minutes.  Choose something that will allow you to sit quietly for some time to appreciate yourself and how important you are! 

If you are keen to try the meditation thing there are a number of apps that will guide you through a meditation.  I use these occasionally so that I can really block out what's going on in my head!

Please drop by and let me know what you will be trying out this week and let me know how you are doing.  We can keep each other honest!

It's all about YOU this week!
 
 

 


1 comments:

Debbish said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I spent A LOT of time alone and as much time doing SFA, but rarely do I sit actually doing nothing. I'm at my computer, in front of the TV or in the bath reading.

I rave on about my long baths, but in reality they're much shorter if I don't have something to read or do.

I think that's why people suggest meditation. I don't often 'stop' until I go to bed so my mind continues to race and often my creativity is awakened. Hence the insomnia!

Deb