Monday Motivation ... Have you planned your week?

Again it was another busy week and weekend in our house and by Sunday night I was struggling to keep my eyes open.
Even though it was a busy week, I managed to keep to the training plan that I had decided on at the beginning of last week ... sort of ...

My training last week looked like this ..

Monday .. easy 6km run, gauging how many niggles I picked up after my long run the Saturday before.  Other than tiredish legs not too bad!

Tuesday .. No running today as I really should do a strength session.  Tuesday is also a work day for me.  Well if you call what I do work!

Wednesday .. First up a 3km fast-ish run in the morning.  Follow this up with another 3km run with Mr 7 as he learns to ride his bike.  Of course he picked got the whole riding thing down on this run and I was doing what would safely be called interval training!  Lots of fast running to keep up with him!

Thursday .. Another slow 3km run as I had planned a yoga session .. I didn't do yoga.

Friday .. Rest day before Saturday's long run. 

Saturday .. Longest run that I have done for years.  Well, since my last half marathon anyway.  10km and I was really happy with my pace and how I pulled up after!  Yay me!

I would really have like to have included the strength training and yoga session as I know it will help my running and help strengthen my hamstring which is finally settling down.  But they are first to get dropped off when I get busy and a bit tired.  I will try harder this week.



I have planned this week's training already and at this point it looks like I should be able to stick with it!  Barring of course, unforeseen ... 

Have you planned your training this week and scheduled those appointments with yourself?  Is it a realistic plan that you can stick to, or are you being a bit ambitious?   

4 comments:

Deb - An Inspirational Journey said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Nice article.
I have a rough idea of what I want to achieve this week so we shall see how it all pans out!

Tess said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I find actually writing my weekly workout into my diary really helps me stick to it. It makes it an "actual thing" instead of an ambitious thought and also lets me see what else is happening in the week so I don't double book and skip the gym.

Vicki said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

@Deb - An Inspirational Journey Good luck Deb .. hope it works out!

Vicki said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

@Tess I agree Tess .. I do like to plan my days .. if it's on my list I'll make sure I do it!