Have you got your winter running woollies out?

It's certainly starting to feel a lot like winter here! I'm not very good in winter, especially when I have a runs planned at 6 o'clock in the morning.
It's cold, it's dark and I am starting to find it really hard to get out of bed and out the door in the mornings.

This morning was the coldest morning of the year so far. The weather report told me it was going to be 10 degrees! Now I realise that this temperature is mild for some, but for me it means I need almost the full rig when I go for a run! I do not like being cold, even if I know I will warm up on the run! I still head out of the house rugged up.

 
This mornings attire .. Full leg tights, running jacket, singlet top underneath. I also have to wear a scarf over my mouth in winter and gloves ... no, I am not a complete princess but my justifications are sound! I get exercise induce asthma in winter. This is bought on my the cold air and if I don't wear something across my mouth I spend the rest of the day coughing my lungs up. I think I should wear gloves for most of the morning at the moment, not only when I run! My fingers lose feeling and turn white when they get cold so I wear gloves when I run as it gets uncomfortable when they are so cold ... mind you, I take my gloves off when I get home and then I lose feeling while I am trying to get breakfast!

But I did not make an excuse this morning ... I crawled out of bed and out the door with my running partner who wears a warm fur coat all year round!

What is your winter training like? 
Do you bound out of bed at the same time as usual or do you delay a little bit longer until you can actually see the sun?
Do you rug up and then peel off layers as you go? Or do you just wear your usual rig?




2 comments:

Kek said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Oh yes, I sympathise. I HATE cold weather. Tuesdays mean 6:00am RPM for me, and I have my warmest hoodie on, plus the car heater running full blast on my drive to the gym. But I still wear shorts...which required a quick dash from the car to the gym door in this morning's 6° temp.

Good thing that I'm warmed up by the end of track 1...and need the big fan on by the time track 2 is done. :)

Vicki said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

@Kek Yes the warmth of the gym is a bonus!