What I'm eating Wednesday ... 1 Cal Drink

How is your back to healthy eating week after Easter going? I'm being very mindful of what and how much I'm eating. Back to the fresh, healthy foods! I know I am and feeling much better for it too!
One thing I don't have much of at any time on my diet is soft drinks. Apart from being too fizzy, they are so sweet from so much added sugar I am not particularly fussed. Soda in my vodka can be an exception ...
Last week I was sent some Low Cal drinks to try and let you know what I think. They are new soft drinks recently released that only have 1 calorie per 100ml and no added sugar.

They are being advertised as a healthier alternative to soft drinks. And maybe they are. Here's the deal ... They are sweetened with stevia so no added sugar. They are made with natural flavours and colors with added vitamins and electrolytes which can help with rehydration after a workout without being high in calories.
I was sent 3 flavours ... Bubblegum (!! ), lemon and orange. I don't normally have anything bubblegum flavoured but I did taste it. The kids loved it, but I'm afraid it's just not for me. The orange and the lemon flavour were much better, however I did find them quite sweet and had that leftover sweet taste in my mouth. As I said I don't normally drink soft drinks and the same thing happens when I drink a normal soft drink.
If soft drinks or sports drinks are your thing then this could be an option for you especially if you are wanting to keep an eye on calorie intake.
Check them out here if you would like some more information ... www.betterbeverages.com.au
Do you drink soft drinks or sports drinks?

1 comments:

Kek said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I'm not a soft drink fan, either. Even before I was particularly health conscious, I disliked them, so avoiding them has never been an issue for me.

I do use sports drinks on rare occasions though - the few times I've participated in an endurance event they've been very welcome. And one memorable Phat Camp weekend when it was 40ยบ, I was glad of the electrolytes they provided to replace what was lost in buckets of sweat. For normal training though? Plain old water is good enough for me. :)