Recipe ... Cranberry & Coconut biscuits

I haven't done much baking for the kids lately ... Well except for birthday cakes! No birthday cakes this week, thank goodness because I've had enough cake to last me until the next birthday!

This week I'm baking healthy snacks. These biscuits are healthy-ish, though I wouldn't raid the biscuit tin to polish them all off as they are still high in calories!  They are great for the kids snacks before / after training as they are kind of muesli like.

Cranberry & Coconut Biscuits

What you need

1 1/2 cups Rolled Oats
1/2 cup coconut
1/4 cup almond meal
1/4 cup self raising flour, sifted
75g coconut oil, melted
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1/3 cup agave nectar
1/2 cup cranberries
1/4 cup white Choc bits *optional

What you need to do

Mix together the dry ingredients.  Add the coconut oil, eggs and agave nectar and mix to combine.
Drop tablespoonfuls of the mixture onto a baking tray line with baking paper and form together.
Bake in 160C ( I use fan force ) for about 15 minutes or until golden brown.
Makes about 24 biscuits.
*I add the white choc bits for a little surprise!


Enjoy!

I would also love for you to play along with me ( @fitmum ) on Instagram on Wednesdays ... take a pic of what you are eating on Wednesday, share it on Instagram and tag it #whatImeatingwednesday !! Just for fun!

0 comments: