Training Tuesday .. What motivates me?



Let's talk motivation ...
 
What gets you out the door to the gym, for a run or to get your chosen training session done? Or consistently eat a healthy, balanced diet? 

Motivation is different to commitment .. commitment is what gets you to stick to your chosen training session until you reach your goal.

Everyone is motivated by different things and a lot of people are motivated by the same things.  Today I am sharing with you some of the things that motivate me .. 

The number on the scales .. OK I'm human!  I like to make sure that number doesn't get too high, but it's probably not my number one motivation.
 
Setting goals .. this is probably closest to the top.  I like to have something to work toward.  When I don't I tend to get a little off track and fiddle and fluff around with training.  Don't get me wrong, this can be a good thing too, just to take a break and live life!

My health .. This is my number one motivation at the moment.  Maybe I've had the "OMG I'm 40 now!" moment but looking after myself ( and of course the family! ) is priority at the moment.  Yep, it's all about me!  I would like to do everything I can to make certain that I'm healthy and able to move as I get older.

My clothes .. I am as much into shopping as the next fashionista ( Mr FitMum may disagree and argue that I'm a shopaholic so don't ask him ) but I don't particularly want to go and spend a fortune on new clothes because I have outgrown my current ones!  


What I look like .. I told you I was human!  I want to look the best that I can and I know that I look that way when I follow a healthy, balanced diet and exercise regularly.  And here I will admit to being strict with both training and eating if I'm planning to eat ( or drink ) a few extras!  I don't punish myself but I'm just a bit more careful! 

How I feel .. this one follows closely on from what I look like.  I feel fitter, stronger and less jiggly and blah when I eat well and exercise.

As a role model .. I strongly believe that I should practice what I preach!  Not only for my family but as a Personal Trainer I want to be a role model for my clients.  My motto is that I won't get my clients to do anything in training that I haven't done myself .. let me just add that it gives me a HUGE amount of scope here!

There you have it .. what gets me through my training when motivation is lacking!

Please share with me either in the comments here or on Facebook what gets you moving .. later on in the week I'm going to do up a post and share some ways to help get you motivated, so if you have something that works a treat for you let me know!


Vicki x
     




6 comments:

Anne said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I like to have a goal to train for like a long distance swim, triathlon or team sport is really good to keep me active!

Me said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Having a goal is definitely what motivates me which is why I think I am battling so much at the moment - I don't have a goal other than Warrior Dash in November but I know that is going to be done at A's pace which is way slower than mine. I need to see if I can find some 10km races that I can enter - that would motivate me to be more consistent with my training and my eating !
Thanks for some great tips here.
Have a fantastic day !
Me

Deb said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Oh... this is a hard one for me cos mostly the stuff that motivates me is external - being judged by others etc. But... I guess now I'm trying to focus my attention more on me and things other than how I'm perceived by those around me. And that's new for me!!!!!

Vicki said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

@Anne I agree Anne, a goal is one of the best ways to stay motivated!

Vicki said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

@Me Hi Me .. your Warrior Dash is a great goal. If you can't find a 10km race maybe just race against yourself? Each week aim to better your PB! Vic x

Vicki said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

@Deb It's all about challenging yourself X