Friday Fitness .. What I didn't do this week ...

This is supposed to be my weekly post where I tell you about a fabulous exercise, athlete or what I've got up to this week.

This week, however, I'm going to share with you what I didn't do.

Sally won gold!!




To start with, I didn't do much exercise. I watched a lot of exercise .. Olympics, District Sports Carnival, soccer training.



Miss 10 won her high jump event!!


















My excuse for not partaking myself .. wait for it .. I've pulled a hammy! Seriously, the physio believes that I have several micro tears in the muscle fibres of my hamstring .. right up there at the top ( in my butt ). It really has compromised my movement .. I still can't demonstrate a proper squat when I'm training my clients!

As I managed to attain my injury early last week I have been allowed to commence some gentle stretching and strengthening exercises this week.  To me, this means I can do a jog / walk combo on the treadmill for 20 minutes on Wednesday followed by some stretching and strengthening. Today's effort was increased to 30 minutes with the jog interval extended to 5 minutes .. I even picked up the pace just a little bit! Again followed by some stretching and strengthening. Yep, I'm really on top of the training this week!

I also didn't do my "healthy eating plan" very well. I may have allowed myself to indulge in some extra treats just a bit too much or even a lot.

You will be pleased to know however that I have seen the error of my ways ( evidenced by an increase in the display on the scales ) and am now back onto a "healthy eating program" that will change the display on the scales!

Oh and did I mention that I "overstretched" my hamstring whilst I was having a recovery day .. doing yoga. It will not stop me doing yoga though!

Have you had any "injuries" lately that have curtailed your mojo?

5 comments:

Deb said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Ummm... yes indeedy! Although like you, I'm happy I ended up doing 'something' and I realised that all is not lost and I'll be back on board next week. (Though with days off work and public holidays it might be a struggle!)

What I did realise is that: lack of exercise (I enjoy) + stress about stuff in life = less motivation to make good decisions. I had some very unhealthy food last night and have made some bad choices all week.

But... that's behind me, I'm feeling terrible and need to learn from that.

Here's to a better week for both of us!

Deb

Liz@LastChanceTraining said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Didn't have the greatest week exercise wise either. Hate the Lurgy!

Vicki said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

@Deb Well Deb our week started fabulously didn't it! Good choices from now!

Vicki said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

@Mademoiselle Slimalicious M Slim .. I bet you will look fabulous at your engagement party without losing 3kg! Remember "healthy eating plan"! x

Vicki said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

@Liz@LastChanceTraining Liz, hope you feel better soon x