Fitness Friday ..

I'm writing this post as I sit here a sweaty mess from today's workout .. in the garage again.


It's the last day of school holidays which means I don't get to spend too much extra time at the gym fitting in my workout.  So, I'm making do with what I have at home.
Actually, it's more than enough for me to have a great full body workout .. in fact, it's probably enough for me to open my own gym in the garage .. oh, now there's an idea that requires further thought!

Where do you prefer to exercise / workout?

In a gym, in a private studio, in the great outdoors or at home?  Each really do have their own benefits so it all depends on what your personal needs are.

Gyms and studios have similar services with access to classes, equipment, 1 on 1 training, protection from those nasty cold, dark or rainy days and the motivation of other gym goers or your exercise partner.  On the down side, these can be expensive and not everyone wants to fork out a few thousand dollars on a membership they may not even get value from!

If you rely on the great outdoors as your gym, it can certainly be a little unpleasant sometimes!  Call me a princess but you won't catch me heading out for a run when it's pouring rain!  And I REALLY have to force myself to head out the door when it's cold and dark .. like I did on Monday and Wednesday this week!
On the plus side, no gym fees!

Training at home is an option, but not necessarily for the weak willed!  You need to motivate yourself to get out of your toasty, warm bed and move yourself!  Training at home can also be a bit expensive, but it doesn't need to be .. just a few bits and pieces and you're set!  Just a note here .. watch out if the kids are counting your reps, they may not be right!  But apparently it's their idea of fun to have mummy do extra lunges ....



Personally, I tend to mix it up a bit but it all depends on my schedule ( ie .. the kids, work, family ).
I prefer to run outdoors in the fresh air.  ( Read comment above for further excuses clarification )
I will do a workout with weights at home if I'm feeling super motivated.  As I work at a gym I have access to pretty much everything I need so I usually do my workout before I head home because as soon as I walk in the door I will find something else to do!
That being said I'll do yoga at home with a DVD.

Do you have your own workout that you do at home when you can't get to the gym?  What's your favourite workout at home?

PS .. check out the kids workout in the garage after mine ...














2 comments:

Deb said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I love your motivation. I struggle when out of my routine. While I mindlessly go to the gym during the week, I can't seem to get myself to do anything when at home. (Even a walk!) That's something I need to change, given I now have 3 day weekends. Plus I have some weights, a mat, jogging trampoline and - of course - the outdoors!

Love the pictures!

Vicki said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

@Deb
Thanks Deb .. motivation and I don't always get along! I'm working on our relationship ...