Tasty Thursday Treat ...

I was fast running out of after school snacks for the kids this week. There are only so many mini pizzas with cheese that I feel they should have!
And with a busy weekend coming up I thought I would use my spare 15 minutes before school pick up to get some muffins ready to stick in the oven when we got home from school. What is better than baking straight from the oven .. other than really hot!

This is what the kids had for afternoon tea ... Julie Goodwin's Cheesy Lunch Muffins. I know they are called lunch muffins but I'm a bit of a rebel ...

Cheesy Lunch Muffins

What you need

2 cups Self Raising Flour
3 cups vegetables**
1 1/3 cup grated tasty cheese
1/2 cup milk
3 eggs
60g butter, melted


What you do

Preheat oven to 180C (160C fan forced) and line a 12 hole muffin pan.
Place flour into a large mixing bowl and stir in grated vegetables and cheese. Mix well
Whisk milk and eggs together and add cooled melted butter. Pour into the flour mixture and stir gently until just incorporated. Divide evenly between muffin pans and bake 25 - 30 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through.

It did make 12 but a few didn't last long enough for the pic ...

Can be wrapped into single serves and frozen in sealed container for up to 3 months. Mine don't last that long!

** Suggested veg include grated carrot, grated zucchini, grated onion, corn, shallots and some herbs
I used grated carrot, grated zucchini and an onion whizzed up as much as I could so there we no onion bits.


I wanted to try with a wholemeal flour but I didn't have enough.  Will try next time.
 
Let me know what you think. The kids quite liked them so these will be added to the regular baking list especially because of the veg!

Check out some of my other recipes here ...

You can even get my posts emailed to you now! 

Vicki x

0 comments: