Thai Chicken Mince ...

A usual Monday afternoon in our house includes me cooking up a quick and easy dinner while the kids do homework, then we head out to netball training.  This was last nights dinner, so I thought I would share as it is quick, easy and the kids love it!

Thai Chicken Mince

What you need ...         
                                   
Olive oil spray
1 large red onion, thinly sliced
500g lean chicken mince
1 bunch coriander
1 tbspn crushed ginger
1/4 cup sweet chilli sauce
2 tbspns fish sauce
2 tbspns lime juice

What you do ...
Spray non stick pan with olive oil. Over a medium heat, cook onion until soft.
Add mince and ginger. Cook for about 10 minutes or until browned, breaking up mince with a wooden spoon.
While mince is cooking cut 5cm from roots of coriander. Wash and finely chop. Remove coriander leaves and set aside. Add chopped coriander to mince with sweet chilli sauce, fish sauce and lime juice. Stir to combine.
Reduce heat to low and cook, stirring occasionally, for about 5 mins or until heated through.


I usually add some extra veggies, last night I added chopped capsicum and grated carrot.  It all depends what's in the fridge, I do like to add greens too.

A couple of options for serving up ...
With Asian greens and some rice
San Choy Bow style in lettuce cups ( my kids would not touch this, but I like it! )

A favourite variation at our house ...
I add Chinese cabbage and grated carrot to the mince mixture and we make up rice paper rolls with finely sliced capsicum and snow peas.

Of course, it's important to serve with your choice of dipping sauce .. I use this ...
1/4 cup sweet chilli sauce
1 tablespoon fish sauce
1 tablespoon lime juice

I hope that you enjoy as much as my family does!

Oh, did I mention that the basic recipe without rice etc, is about 300 cals per serve.  Not bad!

If you try it let me know.  I would love to hear your variations!

Vicki x



3 comments:

SportyMummy said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Sounds yummy Vicki! I love recipes that you can play around with a little and use what you've got in the fridge!

Deb said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Yummm.... I could make that!

Liz@LastChanceTraining said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

That looks awesome Vicki :) I'm going to try it!