[ My ] Monday Motivation ...

Today's motivation post is a bit different ... it's my motivation ...

I've been a bit lazy lately.  Not lying on the couch lazy, I'm still my training in .. albeit, not as much as usual ...

But, I'll be honest, I've been lazy with my diet.  Apparently the scales don't lie.  Well, I'm not entirely happy with the story they are telling!  Not that I weigh myself every day .. well, mostly not every day.  Just the week days ...

Yep, you guessed it, she's normal!  Well, depending on your classification of normal, I think I hit the mark.

So, today, just like thousands of others hell bent on changing their ways, I'm going to clean up my diet and get back to my usual routine.

Hopefully my motivation will be your motivation too.  Why not join me?

I'm not going to be making any drastic changes and I'm certainly not going to go on a radical "diet" because as many of you would know, I'm not a fan.  I'm going to get back to clean, healthy, nutritious eating.  The kind of eating that makes me feel good!  Well, it makes me look OK too!

Here's what changes I'm making starting this week ...

* I will eat breakfast, lunch and dinner .. they will be healthful, nutritious meals that provide me with the fuel I need to keep up with the day.

* I will have small snacks throughout the day that keep me going until my next meal.  These snacks will also be packed with the right foods.   This has been a weakness lately .. too many extra snacks and lazy choices.

* I will reduce / eliminate extra sugar.  Yep, this is a problem at the moment and it will be hard to get out of the habit.  But I know that I can do it .. I've done it before.

* I will ensure that I stay hydrated.  Even though it is getting cooler I will make the effort to drink throughout the day.  At least 2 litres.  Again, here is where I have been rather lazy!

* I will be sure that my portion sizes are not too big.  This isn't too much of a problem with my eating .. it's more the extra snacking ( read, chocolate consumption ... not that I am blaming Easter! )

* I will be more consistent with my training.  Back to 5 days per week, at least 30 - 45 minutes of QUALITY training.

There you have it ... This week's motivation for me and you too!  I'm putting this out there to keep me honest and I'll keep you updated on my progress.

I would love for you to join me and let me know how you are going too. We could all use a little extra support sometimes!
Vicki x


2 comments:

Deb said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I'm a bit all over the place at the moment as well and trying new things but feeling a bit - well, a bit jaded I guess.

Good luck getting back on track.

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

you have made some great points for me to pull my socks up too. (never to your quality lovely - but I will give it my best).

have a lovely day

x Loulou