Ham and Cheese Frittatas ...

In yet another effort to be super organized before school started back .. Oh who am I kidding!! I am not, or ever will be super organized!! So I'll start again ...

School started back this week and as you know I like to have some healthy nutritious snacks for the kids to eat during the week. They always seem to be hungry at the moment so this week I decided to make Ham and Cheese Frittatas .. The kids love them and they are pretty easy to make.

This is the recipe I use.

Ham and Cheese Frittata

What you need ...

1 cup uncooked pasta .. I use small shells or macaroni
100g ham, chopped
1 cup grated cheese
6 eggs
1/2 cup sour cream
Salt & Pepper

What you do ...

1. Cook the pasta according to directions and set aside.
2. Prepare muffin cases in muffin pan and spray cases with non stick spray.
3. Divide chopped ham, cheese and pasta evenly between muffin cases.
4. Whisk eggs and sour cream together and season.  Pour mixture evenly into muffin cases until about 3/4 full. Too much and they spill all over the place.
5. Sprinkle grated parmesan cheese on top ( optional ).


Bake at 180C until golden on top .. About 18 mins ...

Store them in an airtight container in the fridge for a few days.

It is possible to add in other veggies if you like. I use corn or capsicum if I have it in the fridge.

My kids have them as an afternoon snack before or after training. Mums and Dads might also like them for a morning or afternoon snack ( Mr Fit Mum usually sneaks one when he gets home from work before dinner ). They are also a super quick lunch with a side salad.

Enjoy! And let me know if you try them what you think!


Fit Mum x   

0 comments: