More muffins ... Banana and Rolled Oat

I know .. another muffin recipe!

They are something that my kids will actually eat. 
I'm always on the search for a recipe that is bordering on the healthy side. 

This one is not too bad, well, except that I added white choc chips instead of oats just to give them a treat.  I've been a bit of a ranting mum at the moment with regards to what they are eating for school and after school snacks.

Banana and Rolled Oat Muffins

What you need ...

2 cups ( 260g ) self raising flour                          
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp bi carb soda
1 cup ( 100g ) rolled oats*
1/2 cup ( 100g ) brown sugar
2 eggs
3/4 cup ( 185g ) plain low fat yoghurt
1/4 cup ( 60ml ) canola oil
2 bananas ( 250g ), mashed

What you do ...

Preheat oven to 200C.  Line muffin pan with paper cases.  I use small ones, not the super size ones cos if I want one I only want to consume a few calories, not heaps!

Sift flour, cinnamon and soda into a bowl.  Empty the flour husks from the sifter back into the bowl along with the oats and brown sugar and stir to combine.

Whisk eggs, yoghurt and oil together.  Add banana and stir to combine.  Pour into dry ingredients and mix together using a wooden spoon until just combined.  Mixture may be lumpy and does not have to be evenly mixed.

Spoon mixture into paper cases.  Bake for 20 minutes or until golden and cooked through.
Cool for 5 minutes before transferring to wire rack to cool completely.

Best enjoyed warm! With coffee .. or milk!

* I used white choc chips last time I made them so didn't add the rolled oats.


Fit Mum x   
  

2 comments:

SportyMummy said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Those muffins sound yummy...I like how they have yogurt and oil instead of butter. I'll be giving them a try!

Vicki said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

They are pretty yum even if I do say so! Let me know how you go x