Ripping that bandaid off ...

You know those days when you are not sure if you feel like doing any exercise?  You kind of do and you kind of don't. You know that you should ... It's in your plan for the week ...

I call these days my bandaid training days ...

 

You know when you have to rip the bandaid off .. You know it's going to hurt but it just has to be done. You know that you will feel better when it's over.


Today was one of those days for me.  Especially when I have to do my training after work. Mind you, I only work for a few hours a day but I'm usually pretty drained when I finish and all I really feel like doing is heading home for lunch and put my feet up for a little while.


So, on days like today, I just have to get on with it.  Rip that bandaid off ... 

Put my training clothes on and get out on the treadmill as fast as I can before my brain knows what is going on. Definitely have to make sure that there is some decent entertainment to keep my mind distracted from what I am doing.


And Voila! Training done! According to plan and yes, I feel much better.  I did what I had to do and didn't let myself get talked out of it.


Nike have the fabulous "Just Do It" .. well, sometimes it just doesn't do it for me.  And Michelle Bridges has added another motivating word to the phrase .. JFDI ( If you don't know this one, use your imagination ... )

But, I'm going to stick with my bandaid for the moment .. it's working for me!


When you have days like these how do you keep yourself on track?
Do you have a special phrase or word that gets you moving?


Fit Mum x

3 comments:

Liz@LastChanceTraining said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Funny, I had a run like that today and I felt much better when I had done it!

Vicki said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Liz .. Must have been the day for it with all the heat!

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I completely understand the bandaid moments... Or the JFDIs. Am having one today. Home sick (unwell - THAT time of month... feels like my stomach might slide off my body it feels that heavy!) and I am trying to talk myself into doing SOMETHING. Exercise bike perhaps. Grrr.....

Bandaid schmandaid. But (like you said) - I know I'll feel better after I've done it!
Deb