Keeping it light ...



It's coming up to that time of year again when every weekend brings yet another Christmas function. Friends, family, work .. some may even consider it just an excuse to get together to eat, drink and be merry!



Speaking of eating, drinking and being merry .. it's also that time of year when a few extra kilos "just appear" .. as if from nowhere ...

                                       

This weekend just gone we attended the first party on our social calendar. It was a really enjoyable day with extended family .. lunching, barefoot bowls and some delicious desserts! Even though I didn't feel that I ate too much, I still had that not hungry feeling in the evening.  Needless to say dinner consisted of a boiled egg on toast .. just enough to get me through until breakfast.


Multiply the extra calories consumed by another dozen or so functions between now and Christmas and there's a chance that my Christmas frocks may start to hug a little in places they are not supposed to!!


Starting this week I am going to keep it light. This will require a little extra forethought, but nothing that we shouldn't already be doing.  I will be keeping my diet nice and lean during the week, however I won't be forgoing proper nutrition.

When an outing rolls around, I will use my willpower and practice moderation.  If this means a few less glasses of champagne and a few less choices from the cheese and crackers or dessert plates, then so be it.  I'm not going to sacrifice my health and hard work.  I'm going to enjoy my health, hard work  .... and the festivities that go along with the season rapidly approaching.

Don't forget that it is you who is able to make the choice ... no one will be forcing you. 

If I feel like I have indulged a little too much, I will be ensuring that I spend the next day keeping my diet light and lightening the load on my body.  Again, I certainly won't be sacrificing proper nutrition.
For me, today's lunch was a nice light chicken and corn soup.  Satisfying ... 

 

I'm going to pay close attention to my training program too.  No excuses for missing a training session.  Every session will count and every session will be enjoyed.  A couple of extra light runs might need to be added here and there ... don't forget there are still those party frocks that we must fit into!  It really is all about the fashion!

Remember, you can enjoy everything .. in moderation!

Fit Mum x   

2 comments:

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Your post is a timely reminder about all of the unhealthy times coming up.

We've just had winter here in Oz and while at work during the day I am able to keep my calories low - i LOVE soups for lunch as they are easy and I just buy them in bulk and choose one each day. (It also allows me more calories at night).

I will also have to start working on some strategies for the impending social calendar!

Vicki said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Summer now though brings nice light salads too .. yum!
Good idea to start thinking about how to stay on track for those nights where a glass or three of champagne may be required!
Vic x