Weekend wandering ...

This past weekend was such an enjoyable one and I got to Sunday night exhausted! I can't believe it's taken me a whole day to catch up and finish writing this!   

After the usual Saturday morning sport run around we reconvened at home to clean up and pack to drive up the coast to visit my Mum for her birthday.  Birthdays only come around once a year so they are a pretty special occasion and we definitely won't miss an opportunity to celebrate one!

Going up to Mum and Dad's house is just like a mini escape holiday .. there is lots of good food and a chance to sit down and relax!  First up were the little cakes that Miss 9 helped to ice for afternoon tea ...

Then there was a roast dinner and sticky date pudding for dessert ... Master 5 must have like dessert as he went back for seconds!

Breakfast was quite the buffet with bacon, eggs, sausages and brioche buns ...


no real need for any more food ... until my sister arrived with a birthday cake!

After all this food, some form of physical activity was required .. a game of cricket was arranged!  On the pitch entertainment was provided by my sister and Miss 9 who showed their prowess with cartwheels ...


Of course I was not to be outdone ...


My attempt at on the pitch cartwheels was met with a surprised yahoo from Miss 9 .. I mean, really, of course I can do a cartwheel!  It's been about 25 years since the last one but one never forgets do they!! It's not very ladylike is it ...

We finally headed home and faced the unpacking ... not my favourite!

Hubby and Miss 9 had decided earlier that they wanted to go for a Sunday afternoon run ...

Master 5 decided that he wanted to go too ...

Hubby then suggested that we go for a family run ... Can you see me waving?! 




We had an excellent afternoon run up Spider Hill!!  What a great way to keep the running all in the family!  I can't wait to do that again!


Stay focused,  Stay strong
Fit Mum x

1 comments:

Liz@LastChanceTraining said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

You're a brave woman Vic - I wouldn't be caught dead doing a cartwheel lol