This week's challenge ...

This week certainly hasn't brought with it huge amounts of motivation .. or energy for that matter so thinking about my training is not getting me super excited.  My body is just not moving the way I'm expecting it to move .. where is that energy I had the last few weeks?  I'm feeling decidedly blah ...

Speaking from experience, I know what it's like to over train and I'm very conscious of now listening to my body and not pushing myself when I'm not feeling that the reserve tank of fuel is full.  Sometimes I may listen a little too closely, and sometimes my body ( or my mind .. ) may over exaggerate how I'm feeling.  

To counter these feelings, this week I'm still going to set myself a mini challenge that will get me headed in the right direction for me to achieve my goal.  Even though I still don't know what my next goal is, I know this is an important part in working towards it.

This week's challenge is to record in a food, mood and exercise diary ... a journal if you like.  You need to record everything .. the good, the bad and the totally ugly. 
I believe this an essential tool in helping to figure out where you are going wrong in your diet and exercise program if you don't already know. 
Even if you know where you are going wrong, it's a great idea because you can see why you may be going wrong .. ie are you a stress eater? Emotional eater? Tired, bored? Or have you changed your training routine?

I know that lots of people do this religiously, I'm not one of those.  I start off with great intentions and it falls off after the first day or two .. so for me this is going to definitely be a challenge!  I know it will become a habit soon!!

Do you write in a food and exercise diary daily?  Do you think that it helps keep you on track and accountable?

Well, I'm off to write a few things in my food, mood and exercise diary ...



Stay focused,  Stay strong
Fit Mum x



   

2 comments:

Liz@LastChanceTraining said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hi Vic,
It makes a big difference to me when I keep a food log - keeps me a little more accountable and on my toes!
Here's to a great weekend and a good one next week!

Rebecca said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I wish I was organized enough to write it all down. I do think it's an invaluable tool in figuring out where the problem lies. Sometimes I have down weeks with exercise and eating and usually hormones are to blame. I've had one of those weeks as well.
Here's to great workouts and lots of greens next week, though!