Lost without a goal ..

So I've had a "rest" week after finishing the half marathon.  I have still done some training, because I know I should, and because I really do enjoy it.  It hasn't been all running, I've done a few weight training sessions and I've certainly felt those!

In the last few days I've been thinking about what my new goal should be and what type of training I should do now.  I must say that I'm kind of floundering. 

Do I want to sign up for another run?  I'm not sure if I really want to feel the pressure of following another training program, at least for a while. 

Should I start a "lean, mean, mummy machine" program?  There's a few "adjustments" that I would like to make to my body ... but how will I measure it? Weight, measurements, body fat, look?

I don't want to train because I feel I have to .. but I don't want to NOT train and feel guilty!  Without a current "goal" I'm certainly feeling a bit confused and not as focused as I would normally be.   

One thought keeps crossing my mind when I've been asked what I'm going to start training for ... 
I'm going to do something that I enjoy doing!  I think that this is going to be my new goal .. until of course I decide on another one!

What do you do when you feel a little less focused with your training?
Are you training for a specific goal .. or just because you enjoy what you are doing?

Most importantly, I hope that you are doing something you really love!

Stay focused,  Stay strong
Fit Mum x

  

1 comments:

Liz N said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hi Fitmum,
I came across your blog through Twitter of all places. I think it's often hard after a big event to refocus on something else, but it's important you pick another goal that resonates with you ie if you don't enjoy it, you won't do it!
Cheers
Liz N