Mid week run

I have been known to change my training program to suit what I'm feeling like doing in training.  Don't we all?  Yesterday I changed it a little bit as I felt like I needed a different type of speed session, and I know that the session I did works well for me.
Today, I thought I would stick to the program.  It called for a 1 hour run.  For a change, I was actually kind of looking forward to it .. well except that my calves and hamstrings were tight but I'll try to ignore that.

It was freezing when I started out at lunch time ( my version of freezing anyway ).  I made it to the bottom of the hill in our street and onto the path ... Did I close the garage door? I'm sure I did, keep running.  No, I'm not really positive .. I imagine I did, I can sort of remember pressing the button.  Can I run for an hour and not let this bother me?  Not likely, but I don't want to have to go up that hill again ... What about a short lap and then I'll check ... 
I did 2.5km and yes I had to run up the hill to find the garage door firmly closed.  Geez, now I've got to keep going another 7.5km.  I chose the route with the long, slow hills ... why, oh who knows!  

The hills were slow, I stopped for a stretch of the hamstrings, then continued on up the last hill .. it's only 500m.  I've done it before, it's slow.  Thank God for the downhill!

Mid week run done .. a bit short 8.5km ... but I did it and it will be beneficial to my physical strength and mental strength.

With 4 1/2 weeks to go till the half at the Gold Coast .. I'm not too far off track.  Let's see what the next 4 weeks brings!

How is your training going?

Stay focused,  Stay strong
Fit Mum x

0 comments: