The final countdown ...

This morning was the final long run before D day .. or GC Day .. and felt a few butterflies this morning when I woke up and thought about the 15km that I had scheduled.  Why? I don't know. 

Again, I planned to wear the same clothes and have the same breakfast .. you know, just to make sure ( I'm a bit funny like that! ).  I wasn't planning on taking my running partner, however when he saw the shoes and the hat go on he got a little excited!  One of the kids let him in the house and he bolted over to me and sat on my lap, knocking me over.  If you've had a rather large border collie sit on you, you will know what this feels like!

We headed out, gorgeous day I might add, and probably about 5 degrees warmer than next weekend will be! 

I am pleased to report that this last training run was uneventful, I ran and maintained a comfortable pace.  Yep, nothing to report! 

In other far more exciting news ...



It's the race bib .. we picked up the race kits this afternoon.  It's all getting a bit real now!

Well, I'm off to pack it under my pillow and hope it gives me lots of speed on race day!  Only a few more sleeps!

Have a great week everyone, I hope that whatever training you are planning you have a strong session!

Stay focused,  Stay strong
Fit Mum x

2 comments:

Jodes said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

We probably crossed paths yesterday! Very exciting. Only 6 more sleeps!

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

All the best for Sunday - run strong and don't forget to enjoy. I'm glad I stumbled across your blog many months ago, it has helped to keep me grounded (and inspired) on the way towards my marathon debut. It's just nice to read about real everyday stuff while also trying to fit in the running/shuffling thing.