3 more sleeps ...

Well, this is pretty much it.  Only 3 more sleeps until the Gold Coast Half Marathon.  I'm frantically trying to get myself super organised so that I don't forget anything.  The kids are packed and I have started my stuff .. of course the running stuff is first on the list and it's washed and ready to go.  Hubby's stuff .. well, he'll throw his together in about 8 minutes!

We are leaving to travel down to the Gold Coast tomorrow just after lunch time.  I have to work until midday so there could be a chance I'm in panic mode by 12.15pm trying to remember if I have everything I need.

I have the list of food that I need to pack .. the rest I'll get when we get down the coast.  I keep telling myself that this is really a mini holiday for us and that I really will get to relax sometime!

As for my running .. I planned on one final run this week, just to turn my legs over.  I'm still working on the fresh is best policy this run ...
I took Miss 9 for her last run on Wednesday lunch time .. a nice brisk 2km run .. and yep she smoked me in the last 100m!!  I had planned on finishing off the evening with another 3 or 4km, however, I got rained out and they turned the lights out on the track!! I mean, how inconsiderate .. didn't they know this was an important training session??!!  I am not letting this get me down though as I know I will be itching to go by Sunday!

Game plan for Sunday ..
*  visualise myself enjoying a comfortable run into the sunrise on the Gold Coast broadwater
*  take it 5km at a time .. I can easily run 5km!
*  smile and wave ( or try to without grimacing .. )
*  enjoy and get ready to back it up again next year!

Well, that's about it for Sunday!  Thanks everyone for your well wishes and much needed inspiration at times! 

And to those of you joining me at the Gold Coast ..

Good luck, have fun and be proud!!
You've been working for this and I know you will do your best.  'Cos that's really what it's all about!

Will be back again in a few days to report my progress ...

Stay focused,  Stay strong
Fit Mum x

0 comments: