Long run done ...

Last week I chatted about how I was going to keep up my training schedule while the kids were on holidays.  Well, best intentions don't always manifest themselves into reality.  That being said my training in the last week or so hasn't been what I would call consistent ...

In the last week I have run a total of 6.7km .. that was just one run.  As usual, my training program calls for a long run on the weekend.  I think maybe because I have had a few extra days off .. again, I was kind of looking forward to the run.  The plan was somewhere between 15km and 17km.  I really felt like running a different route this time .. Getting a bit over the same one every week.  As hubby wasn't running long this week I headed down to the bike path with Baxter and my daughter for company.  This run is straight out and back, pretty flat but there's a bit of scenery!  And it's nice for a bit of mother and daughter time .. my daughter doesn't run though, she rides her bike and wears a backpack with phones, keys, water .. you know, all the important bits and pieces.

We started off a bit later in the afternoon .. It had to be timed just right so that it was cool and we didn't roast in the sun and light enough so that we could make it home before it was completely dark.  It was just beautiful weather for running but we didn't make it home before dark .. the sun was well and truly set when we got back and my daughter was starting to get a bit nervous because it was so dark.  

All up, we had a really great run .. I was happy with my pace and happy with the distance at 16km.  I felt great after we finished and would have happily run another 2km!  Maybe I'll leave that until next week ...

I hope that everyone's weekend training has left you wanting more!

Stay strong, stay focused


Fit Mum x

0 comments: