I will promise to do my best

You know those times when you are just not quite feeling the motivation to head out to training?  Or those times when you've had a really uncomfortable training session and wonder why you keep putting yourself through it?
Or even those times when your training is on track and you are feeling totally pumped after your run or training session?

Every so often I like to read something that I find gives me a bit more inspiration to not be so hard on myself or pick myself up and dust myself off and keep going.

A friend of mine showed this to me a while ago and I love it.  I tracked it down on the internet so I knew who I could credit with giving me that extra bit of bite when I need it and I thought I would share it ... 

CrossFit Rules to Live By:
1. I will promise to do my best. My best will vary from day to day, from hour to hour, from minute to minute. But in that minute, I will do the very best that I can.
2. Lactic acid is my friend. The wind is my friend. Anything that opposes me is actually helping me to become stronger. If I had no opposition, I would be weak.
3. If I can run, I run. If I have to walk, I walk. When I am forced to crawl, I crawl. And then I rest and live to fight another day.
4. I fear no man but I fear my workout. If I don’t fear my workout, it isn’t hard enough.
5. I may puke. I may cry. But I will not quit. Ever.
6. I never cheat. There is no honor in cheating. What joy can there be in a victory I did not earn?
7. The workout missed is the opportunity missed. I will not cheat myself of the opportunity to become a better athlete and person.
8. I understand the value of the push-up, the pull-up, the sit-up, the squat, and the deadlift. Just as there are a million ways to make chicken, so too are there a million ways to squat, sit up, pull up, push up, and deadlift.
9. I will give everything I have. And then I will find more within myself.
10. I don’t complain. Complaining is for crybabies. There are 11,232 babies born in the US everyday. I will leave the crying to them and I will soldier on.
11. I will bite off challenges, spit out results, and beg for more. What are you going to do?

http://crossfitmidland.wordpress.com/crossfitmindset/

This always makes me feel like I can give just a bit more and push myself just that little bit extra ... How does it make you feel?

Stay strong, stay focused

Fit Mum x

0 comments: