Blah ...

I have been feeling a bit "off" for the last few days. You know, that tired feeling that's closer to exhausted and you just want to lie down and sleep.  The kids have had colds so I'm thinking that maybe I'm coming down with the same thing.  I just want to stop for just a bit and let my body catch up.

I really don't want to get sick, it's not part of the training plan.  So when Sunday called for my long run, I debated whether I should push it or not.  If I do, I might get sick and be out for longer, if I don't I'm just being soft. 

Come Sunday morning and I'm still not feeling 100% but I'm not going to be soft.  I'm going to push through it.  I did my run, all 14.8km and even though I was feeling a bit heavy the whole way, I still managed to keep to a pace that I was happy with.  Would have like faster but I'm feeling off remember.

When I got home, I went a bit downhill .. OK, so I didn't feel well at all.  I know that I was fueled and hydrated so it wasn't that.  I still had the headache I started with. 
I thought that maybe my best bet to making sure I recovered OKish was to sleep.  I didn't even care that I was lying on the rug in the living room on a towel under a blanket.  I think I managed to get a few minutes sleep before the kids came jumping around me.  It didn't make the headache go away though.  I had to put up with it all afternoon, even after painkillers. 

I tried to get a decent sleep last night and the headache seems to have gone today but I'm still feeling rather less than ordinary.  Glad today is a rest day, let's hope I wake tomorrow morning feeling back to normal so that I can keep on my training track.  
Fingers crossed I'm not set back too far in training!

Stay strong, stay focused

Fit Mum x

0 comments: