And so begins another week ...

It's Sunday night and it appears that another week is beginning .. another week of making school lunches and racing from here to there.

Last week was not a special week training wise as I was still a bit "off".  I'm positive that this weekend has been just what I needed to get back on track.  My only training last week was my PT session on Tuesday, which I felt a bit lack lustre but still managed to train hard and recovered well.  I went for a hill walk on the treadmill of Friday and picked it up to a run just to blow a few cobwebs away and felt pretty good after that! 

I did, however, do my long run for the week.  My first run back in 2 weeks and I wasn't sure how I was going to go.  I tried to stay positive and headed out feeling pretty good.  Baxter ( our border collie ) seemed a bit slow and had a limp which I put down to the 21km he clocked yesterday with my hubby.  We pushed on, making sure that I kept the pace slow ( really, I was concerned about Baxter!! ).  We stopped a few times for the usual things .. he needed to pee on the trees, drink stop and a little boy wanted a pat of Bax!  To be honest, I was not bothered by the stops at all .. I was more than happy for the extra minute or two rest!
On the way home though, I started to get a bit tight in my knee which I haven't felt for a few years.  I'm hoping it's only that I logged 11km on my first run back from time off .. maybe I shouldn't have been so ambitious but I was feeling pretty good!  Might need an extra stretch during training this week, so I'll keep an eye on it.

The family highlight of the weekend was the first soccer game for Master 5.  He was so excited about it all week and he was not disappointed.  It was hot out and he got a bit distracted but he still wore his jersey for the rest of the day!


The rest of the weekend was the usual weekend stuff .. you know, the washing, cleaning ... blah!  We did take the kids out for a quick trip to Baskin Robbins on Saturday night .. they love going out for ice cream!  Note to hubby .. I really was going to share my two scoops with you but I didn't think you wanted them ... ooops! 
 
I did sit down for a quick coffee this afternoon though.  Not exciting I know but I really just wanted to try out the new latte mugs I picked up on shopping trip yesterday!
I always make sure that I sit down and enjoy my coffee, gives me a few minutes to think!  Even the kids know not to interrupt during coffee time!


I hope everyone has a fabulous week!  Do what you can and don't stress if you can't finish the list! Most importantly .. enjoy the times with your family!

Fit Mum x

0 comments: